The Bath Assembly Rooms were completed in 1771 and described as “the most noble and elegant of any in the kingdom”. The building is made up of four main function rooms – the Ballroom, the Tea Room, the Octagon and the Card Room. It was designed to be the perfect entertainment venue for fashionable Georgian society, hosting evening balls and other public functions.
The Fashion Museum, previously known as Museum of Costume, which focuses on fashion from late 16th century to present day, is also located within the Assembly Rooms.
Located in the centre of Bath. Owned by the National Trust and managed by Bath & North East Somerset Council. For admission rates and opening times please visit their website.